Started a 1UZ-FE!!!! Not perfect though?

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Keithg
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Keithg »

really curious as to how this turns out... I will be doing almost the same thing here in a few weeks. Why did you not use the 029 code, though? I thought James had made some improvements to the wheel decoder section.

I guess I do not understand your cadence on the wheel decoder. I would have thought you would want:
10,11 - 1,2 - 4,5 - 7,8

The zeros confuse me. The second number in the pairs above would be the trigger return. I also thought you could not have a trigger return on a missing tooth, hence my shift of one tooth.

Eager to read somments as well.

KeithG
toydoctor72
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by toydoctor72 »

I also run a 12 tooth wheel on the crank with a VR sensor, and two cam sensors with a VR pickup for the 2nd trigger on a 1jz-gte 6 cyl. I use time based cranking and the tigger returns are set to zero. I also run a trigger angle of 60 degrees and start with tooth 11 on the decoder. I'm also running older code of 025i6 (which I don't think supports dual dizzy).

I could not get the engine to start well on trigger return cranking (it would kick back and back fire), but the engine will start ok four out of five times on time based cranking and zeroed trigger returns with 5 deg of cranking advance. Occasionally it will missfire and kick back while cranking.

I use dwell control for my coil packs, which seems to work very well. (cranking is set to 6.0 ms and running is 4.0 ms)
newtyres1
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by newtyres1 »

Are you sure you have good cam sensor signals? Are you getting a steady rpm reading from MT when cranking with stim mode turned off?

Ian.
em_knaps
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by em_knaps »

Phoenix3D,

can you post an MSQ??

1UZ is a pet project of mine thats moving rather slowly,

if i can solve the problems your having thatd mean i wouldnt need to go thru them........

also....
any info on how you wired your coil outputs and to which MS outputs did u wire them?

after thinking about it whilst washing bog dust out of my hair (i hate panelbeating) it occured to me that you may have a cam angle sensor that is droping its signal.

and using the simulator is sustituting the missing signal, albeit without much accuaracy.
food for thought, find a occiliscope and check ur sensors......

many hands make light work.

cheers
Daniel.
There is no spoon.....