boot jumper...upgrading from ms1 to 029q code...

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

sclay115
MS/Extra Newbie

boot jumper...upgrading from ms1 to 029q code...

Post by sclay115 »

long story short, i didnt' assemble this MS or this car, so i've been reading all i can, but i'm a little vague here on this topic. i'm trying to upgrade my ms1 to the o29q code so i can utilize the new broader VE tables and other features. when i run the .bat file in the zip, it says to connect the 'boot jumper' before loading the code. can someone point me in the right direction for this? my engine runs decent on the current code/mapping, but i would love the usage of more bins. any help anyone can give me would be great. thanks.

steve
renns
Site Admin

Post by renns »

Pop the lid, and you'll see (depending on age of MS), a two-pin boot jumper sitting near the cpu. Short the two pins with a jumper, aligator clip, or whatever, and reboot MS. You'll then be in 'bootloader' mode, and can upload the new firmware. All firmwares except the base code include automatic bootloader entry, so this won't be an issue for any further upgrades.

Roger.
1979 Mazda RX-7, running MSnSExtra hi-res 09c for fuel and spark control on a turbocharged, intercooled, and (of course!) injected 13B rotary.
sclay115
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by sclay115 »

renns wrote:Pop the lid, and you'll see (depending on age of MS), a two-pin boot jumper sitting near the cpu. Short the two pins with a jumper, aligator clip, or whatever, and reboot MS. You'll then be in 'bootloader' mode, and can upload the new firmware. All firmwares except the base code include automatic bootloader entry, so this won't be an issue for any further upgrades.

Roger.
thanks a bunch roger. i'll try that at home tonight...

steve