Strange issue...029o

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

md95
Master MS/Extra'er

Strange issue...029o

Post by md95 »

I've noticed that after a restart(anything other than an overnight cold soak), the engine will missfire slightly at idle..just not real smooth as usual. I found out that if i turn the car off, then restart it right away, it runs super smooth! The SAME thing can be recreated if i hit "burn to ECU" on most of the drop down items, mostly the ignition settings though. Its like the MS needs resetting to get the igniton "synced" or something? I've read/heard talk of interupts and handlers for the code, but i have no clue what they do..The car runs great on this code so far, its never idled/ran better, just this one issue. The missfire is just slight, a few small pops and uneveness of the engine, nothing major. It just runs better if i restart it, or hit the burn button on any ignition setting perameter..wierd! Any thoughts here?

Extra 029o, MS 2.2 Running neon code
-Matt-
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 420A Turbo- MS2 Extra- 2.1.0 Release
1992 Plymouth Laser RS 4g63 AWD Turbo MS2 Extra- 3.0.3s
md95
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by md95 »

Anyone have any ideas? Input? I'm getting frustrated with the whole thing! Ba!
-Matt-
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

That's weird. Can't say I've noticed that.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
gronsaken
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by gronsaken »

I'm experiencing the same problem, I'm running 29q2. I had the same problems with an earlier version too. I will try to get a datalog which shows this...
md95
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by md95 »

gronsaken wrote:I'm experiencing the same problem, I'm running 29q2. I had the same problems with an earlier version too. I will try to get a datalog which shows this...
Yeah, its doing the same with 029q2 as well..i'm baffled.. I notice that when i burn something to the MS while its running, LED 17 & 19 will blink brighter(i run inverted spark out), but the strange thing is, is only one of the LED's will blink brighter at a time, not both. If i hit the burn button again, the opposite LED that didnt blink bright, will now blink, then it runs smooth once again. Its like one channel of the ignition timing gets out of sync from the wheel decoder or something..running 4 cyl wasted spark, neon decoder.
-Matt-
gronsaken
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by gronsaken »

It's really strange, I've measured the ignition advance when it happens and it's the same. At least for cylinder nr 1, I will try to see if I can measure the other ones too.
I have a 4cyl engine with distributor and hall-sensor in the dizzy, MS V2.2...

Edit: I can't see anything strange in my logs, are there any custom values which it could be useful to log?
gronsaken
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by gronsaken »

I can't get my log from my laptop to my desktop computer at the moment but I will post a small portion of the log where the transition between bad and good idle is shown.

The RPM goes from 800 to about 1200 and the O2 signal becomes more or less stable around 1.0V instead of fluctuating between abit lower, mainly on 0.98V and lower limit at about 0.84V.

I've only got 4 rows of values since I keyed them in manually, let me know if you need any more data to get a better understanding of whats happening.
gronsaken
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by gronsaken »

I've transfered the log and my MSQ-file, here they are. I would really appreciate if someone took a look at them too see if there are any obvious errors.

/ David