Dodge 4/6 cylinder coil pack diagrams...

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

sclay115
MS/Extra Newbie

Dodge 4/6 cylinder coil pack diagrams...

Post by sclay115 »

i read about these on another part of the forum, figured i would put some info up here on these things. the 4 cylinder coilpack is from any 2.0 or 2.4 from 95-06, this is the coil that lays flat, with the leads out the side. and the 6 cylinder one is from the 3.3 and 3.8's from 01-06. this is different from the one i saw on the other post(terminals out the top) this one lays flat just like the 4 cylinder, whether this is good or bad, that's up to you. the coil pack with the terminals on top is from a 90-98 3.3-3.8 minivan. however, the flat type is quite a bit cheaper in this regard. and being that these vehicles are so common, all of these parts can still be had new from the dealer for much less than one might think. here are some part numbers and diagrams..

4 cylinder flat type coil pack: 4609103AB, list 125.00
Wiring:
(now dont kill me if these are wrong, verify before you go and cook something, but these are straight from the mopar database.
6 Cylinder flat type: 56032520ac, list 79.74(nice!)
6 Cylinder 'wire on top': 4443971, list 119.91

i have more info on these, such as what plugs to use and things like that. but i'll post those if there is an interest in them. but i thought this was pretty neat considering these are brand new coil packs that can still be bought, without all the 'what if's' you get from junkyard parts. dodge doesn't use a seperate controller for these like ford does, so the EDIS module is still being used. but, you can get relatively cheap, new coils, and be able to have a good list of available spark plug wires, which is something that can't be said for the edis coil packs. and these are rated fairly well, considering the Viper uses a set of coilpacks, one from a neon :D , and then one from a minivan. 4+6=10, pretty slick stuff. i can get a lot more info if there is any demand for it.

steve
boost junkie
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by boost junkie »

FYI, the neon "4 tower" coil pack from MSD is only $75. I don't think they make a 6 cylinder version though.
sclay115
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by sclay115 »

boost junkie wrote:FYI, the neon "4 tower" coil pack from MSD is only $75. I don't think they make a 6 cylinder version though.
ah good deal, i didn't look into any other options, just what i have here at work( i work at dodge). just thought it'd be good info to have. at least for the wiring info.

steve