Running rough, like its missing on one cylinder....

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

McAdam
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Running rough, like its missing on one cylinder....

Post by McAdam »

hey all,

I just did an install on my 1980 Datsun 280ZX. I have a mild cam, jus one step over stock. High compression, stock injectors, nothing too fancy really.

I installed Megasquirt And Spark Extra. I built my own V3.0 board with all the options, and I have it set-up to run off of an optical trigger (1983 280ZX turbo CAS distributor) I am running both fuel and spark on my car, using the VB921 to trigger the coil. I am also running the 029k code. these are all the options I can think of.

anyway, its running rough, like its got low compression on one cylinder or like its missing. All plugs look the same, none are fouled. The poor mans compression test doesnt seem to indicate that its low on one cylinder. It cranks nice and even. Plus, this problem wasnt there with the stock system.

I've made sure the timing is righ on at idle, 10btdc. one weird thing I did notice, was that while Im looking at the tuning window, the pulswidth of the injectors is the same between banks 1 and 2, but the dutycyle on number 1 is about 1.5 times higher than it is on bank 2. at idle its about 2.5% on #2, and about 4% on 1.

any ideas?
McAdam
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by McAdam »

nevermind, turned out to be a bad injector connector!

I stil have the problem with the duty cycle running higher on one bank than on the other tho..... anyone?

Other than that, I think Im ready to call this a success....
rs2000
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by rs2000 »

McAdam wrote:I stil have the problem with the duty cycle running higher on one bank than on the other tho..... anyone?
Unless you are using dual tables ignore the second pulswidth and duty cycle, it has no relation to anything. Both banks use dutycycle and pulswidth 1