just upgraded to 029q2, runs like crap/stalls afterWU(FIXED)

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Keithg
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Keithg »

cybo's suggestions seemed to help a lot. I do not think that James changed the calcs to require 130% vs 30% on ASE, but it sure works better that way. It may be a bit high right now (150% at 40F), but it seems to get through ASE without stalling. Anyway, thanks for the hint. I seem to learn more on this every day. Now I need to tune out the ASE and really cold start will not be here until next winter...

KeithG
McAdam
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by McAdam »

well, I just took it fror a cruise around the block and then some. Runs GREAT as long as I keep the RPM's over about 1800. when it goes below that it starts to sputter and die out.

I have no idea what would cause this behavior, but this is the only thing keeping this car from being a daily driver.
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

I didn't change anything in that area to my knowledge at all. Phil did make some changes around 029j though.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
cybo
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by cybo »

jsmcortina wrote:I didn't change anything in that area to my knowledge at all. Phil did make some changes around 029j though.

James
I stuggled whole winter with 27b code that gamae was 150% in first startup when it should have been like 200%. It started but runs too lean (maybe stalls too) and in few seconds acc activates by itself and makes gammae to that 200% and starts to run fine.
If i tryied again it starts and runs ok.

I moved to 29k? code and same thing.

Then i put 24s13 in and gammae was ok and starts imediately whitout over 100% ase values.

I can´t say if there is still same problem (because my car broked down) but it seems to be that keith and mcadams datalogs don´t have exactly that same problem but no question that there is still problem that engine is too lean after startup.

Maybe ase isn´t calculated rigth? Could it be that ase is added in original pw when it should be added in pw*warm up value? Or something like that?

J-M
McAdam
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by McAdam »

well, it was the vb921 that was giving me problems. I put a stock nissan/hitachi E12-80 ignition module in it (similar to GM HEI) and ran the ignition through FIDLE and it works great, aside from VE tuning issues.

I did have it set to inverted and I had proper pull-up resistors in all the proper places. I dunno why it crapped out. sorry for the trouble! all is well now.