very erratic PW at cruise, datalog attached...

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

sclay115
MS/Extra Newbie

very erratic PW at cruise, datalog attached...

Post by sclay115 »

029q code, silvertop 4ag toyota engine. car runs awesome under load and idle, but at a steady cruise, the PW is all over the place, enough so that you can feel it in the car. any thoughts?

steve
evolotion
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by evolotion »

you seem to be getting alot of false accelelration triggers. thats where i'd look first, also make sure its not the closed loop o2 settings that are too "strong" and leaning the mixture too much that you notice it.

see position 1669 (time 2045.527) for a major accel trigger and position 1656(time 2044.454) for an example of antoher smaller false AE trigger.

edit your tps working alright? seems to be at "0" an awfull lot.
220ft/lb@7900rpm@20psi ..13.3@114 .. 1.4 16v rover k-series engined rusty mini.
sclay115
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by sclay115 »

evolotion wrote:you seem to be getting alot of false accelelration triggers. thats where i'd look first, also make sure its not the closed loop o2 settings that are too "strong" and leaning the mixture too much that you notice it.

see position 1669 (time 2045.527) for a major accel trigger and position 1656(time 2044.454) for an example of antoher smaller false AE trigger.

edit your tps working alright? seems to be at "0" an awfull lot.
hm, i see what you mean. and yes, my tps is working, or so MT says. i used the TPS setup menu in MT to set it up, and it reads on the MT gauge when i'm driving, but at cruise, it does seem to be at like 0-1%. sort of strange, i'll have to check that out...

steve
sclay115
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by sclay115 »

hey i was just thinking, i dont have the MAP sensor filtered...or restricted, think that's where my erratic accel enrichments are coming from?

steve
evolotion
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by evolotion »

i stil think the TPS is odd. dies it move linearly when you press the accelerator and watch teh "realtime" display? i ge tthe feeling it sticks at the bottom for agees then whacks up right at the end? try filering the map line if you want, if you have set the ae trigger to mapdot. but it looks allright.
sclay115
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by sclay115 »

evolotion wrote:i stil think the TPS is odd. dies it move linearly when you press the accelerator and watch teh "realtime" display? i ge tthe feeling it sticks at the bottom for agees then whacks up right at the end? try filering the map line if you want, if you have set the ae trigger to mapdot. but it looks allright.

yah it moves linearly on the realtime display, but it's definately something i'll look into. what would be a cure for this though? even after setting the TPS specs in MT?

steve
evolotion
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by evolotion »

i dont know tbo .. from the datalog it loosk as if you have some play in the throttle before the "tps" value starts moveing. perhaps an intermitant connection?

try larger values for the ae threshold aswell, and turn off o2 correction for now, untill you get a stable cruise and see how you go, slowly turning stuff on/down untill the problem re-appeasrs.
sclay115
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by sclay115 »

awesome, got it to work out tonight, totally slipped my mind, my dashpot was out when i did the TPS reading, so it was way off, and i did the fuel filter trick, worked out awesome, nice stable cruise. little chunky off idle though, so we will see on accell enrichments...

steve