launch control and anti lag

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jw97neon
MS/Extra Newbie

launch control and anti lag

Post by jw97neon »

i am wondering how the anti lag works? is it actived when you active the launch control? the other thing is i was reading that the anti lag system is used with nos. is there anyway that it can be used without nos? i know that if you remove timing under a launch and add a ton of fuel it will spool the turbo. this is how the anti lag system works on the honda neuptune.
thanks
john
elturbonitroso
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by elturbonitroso »

i now that you can retard timming when you activated the launch control but the other things that you mention im not sure.
kilvo
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by kilvo »

as far as i have read, the anti lag system in the Extra code, retards the ignition and dumps fuel in alowing it to pass the exhaust valves into the turbo and spools up the turbo when the throttle is off, all though it generates serious heat and can kill turbos very quickly and spits silly flames out of your exhaust,
RS TURBO S2
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by RS TURBO S2 »

hi squirt newbie here... i am looking into the use of anti lag and its ok for very short burst on normal turbo's, maybe gear changes, but for showing off or track days it will soon kill a turbo as mentioned above, you would need a turbo with Maram 247 Wheel & Shaft and these start at £1500 GBP and still dont last that long due to the silly heat, i have seen cars with anti lag melt the paint off the bonnets before just thro showing off the pops and bangs

still very impressive tho :D
65ShelbyClone
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by 65ShelbyClone »

I'll see if I can't keep this higher up in the listings.....

I've searched here and all over Google to no avail.
1972 Ford Pinto - 2.3T, T5, MS-II v3.0.
1968 Mustang - still carbureted...for now.
MegaScott
MS/Extra Guru

Post by MegaScott »

65ShelbyClone wrote:I'll see if I can't keep this higher up in the listings.....

I've searched here and all over Google to no avail.
You've searched for what?
65ShelbyClone
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by 65ShelbyClone »

Eh, anti lag.
A4seen Racer
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by A4seen Racer »

im also interested in anti-lag. would it be viable at an autocross? or would even that short run be too much heat for a turbo to handle?

and do general backfires have the same heat effect as antilag? i usually get some back fires when off the throttle and i dont really want to be wasting my turbo
MegaScott
MS/Extra Guru

Post by MegaScott »

You guys need to PM "Baldur", he's an expert at MegaSquirt Antilag, among other things.

Doesn't Launch control already work with the current code?, also does not the current flat shifting option keep the boost up, effectively making it a form of anti-lag?
65ShelbyClone
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by 65ShelbyClone »

A4seen Racer wrote:im also interested in anti-lag. would it be viable at an autocross? or would even that short run be too much heat for a turbo to handle?
With how often you have to lift the throttle when autocrossing, I would say that an antilag will nuke the turbo and manifold. I've heardo f some Neon autocrossers using other engine managements with ALS and they have trouble using all the power in the turns.
MegaScott wrote:You guys need to PM "Baldur", he's an expert at MegaSquirt Antilag, among other things.

Doesn't Launch control already work with the current code?, also does not the current flat shifting option keep the boost up, effectively making it a form of anti-lag?
The only thing I haven't done at this point is PM baldur. I've searched through all 250+ of his posts and the most recent one was back in April or thereabouts.

Re the flatshift, yes, it would work as an antilag the same way a two-step would. You just cut spark and hold the throttle wide open, thus still pumping lots of air throught the turbo without overevving. However, I need something much more agressive like severe ignition retard so lots of energy spools the turbo.
Last edited by 65ShelbyClone on Tue May 30, 2006 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hzdistributor
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by hzdistributor »

I have the launch control active in my MSnS and I use it for Drag and some times on street to lounch with full boost. I retard the ignition 5 and limit the revolution at 5000 RPM when I release the clutch and the lounch button I stat with full boost. Feel great but watch your drive shaft.