Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

elturbonitroso
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by elturbonitroso »

nobody.
elturbonitroso
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by elturbonitroso »

i did some changes in relay and check all my grounds and same problem any advives would be great also a log of the problem.
elturbonitroso
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by elturbonitroso »

:cry:
MegaScott
MS/Extra Guru

Post by MegaScott »

Do you have a stim you can use to test your Megasquirt? I don't have any suggestions, not much I can do from 3000 miles away, I'm sure Most of the "Experts" could fix your problem if there were one nearby your location.

Perhaps you can try sending your Megasquirt to someone to have them take a look at it? look in the products and services forum.

Also you should have a buddy double check your wiring to the Assembly manual external diagram. Checking the connections for shorts or opens.
elturbonitroso
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by elturbonitroso »

yes i have a stim. in the stim everything see ok i alredy check all my wiring and everything see ok but i notices something when i go in the trottle slow in to get to like 2500 rpm led 17( using as spark output)shot off and on also using led 17 as spark output the led is always one dont blink also i put the 470 resistor right in the 4 pin module B and C is that right or should i put it in the wires that coming out of the connectors.
MegaScott
MS/Extra Guru

Post by MegaScott »

elturbonitroso wrote:yes i have a stim. in the stim everything see ok i alredy check all my wiring and everything see ok but i notices something when i go in the trottle slow in to get to like 2500 rpm led 17( using as spark output)shot off and on also using led 17 as spark output the led is always one dont blink also i put the 470 resistor right in the 4 pin module B and C is that right or should i put it in the wires that coming out of the connectors.

While you are running on the stim, and noticing the LED turning off, is the transistor getting hot? maybe take a look at the solder joints at the parts that comprise the LED17 circuit for possible cold solder joints? Also inspect for the proper componants and orientation. If you still don't find anything wrong you might try replacing the transistor.

What diagram are you using that uses a 470ohm resistor? You need to be using a 1k resistor from B to C.
elturbonitroso
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by elturbonitroso »

in the stim the led 17 is always on is in the car when i near the 2500 rpm when the led 17 turn off and on and looks like everything is going off and on. doing some testing with a multimeter i found something in the 4 pin in B i got 14v all the time in C 4.85v when i rev the car the 5 v desapires and i think this is my problem what you guys any advices is good.
MegaScott
MS/Extra Guru

Post by MegaScott »

My understanding of your problem is a little hampered by your ability make a complete sentance, but believe me I'm trying to help you.

Ok, that sounds like you may be overloading the 5vREF. When you turn on the ignition switch, open up the tuning page and go to Reltime display, do you get all valid numbers for all your guages? when you push on the gas pedal, does the TPS go from about 0 increasing is you push?
elturbonitroso
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by elturbonitroso »

scott i get valid numbers in all the gauges and when i push the gas pedal the tps go from 0 to 100 and thanks for your help.
MegaScott
MS/Extra Guru

Post by MegaScott »

Ok good,

You need to use your meter in diode mode and check the diodes in the power supply section, It's possible that one of the diodes is damaged or backwards, and I would check them all for orientation or any visual signs of damage, but especially D13, D15 & D19.
elturbonitroso
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by elturbonitroso »

ok scott they dont see damage and they are not backwards i would check them with the meter but i dont know how to do it hoe do i do the diode mode with my meter is a fluke.
MegaScott
MS/Extra Guru

Post by MegaScott »

Usually it has a little diode symbol. when you put it across the diode you will see a voltage, say .7v, then turn the leads around and you should see 0v or conduction in one direction, and no conduction in the other.
elturbonitroso
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by elturbonitroso »

ok i think i goit it in mines look like a arrowand the +.
MegaScott
MS/Extra Guru

Post by MegaScott »

elturbonitroso wrote:ok i think i goit it in mines look like a arrowand the +.
Like I said, a diode symbol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Diode_symbol.svg
elturbonitroso
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by elturbonitroso »

ok i test all the diodes and everything see to be fine i got d13 .552 d15 .610 and d19 thats a led 1.735
MegaScott
MS/Extra Guru

Post by MegaScott »

elturbonitroso wrote:ok i test all the diodes and everything see to be fine i got d13 .552 d15 .610 and d19 thats a led 1.735

Oh you have a 2.2 board, you need to check D12-D16. check that they are installed properly.

I'm kind of grabbing at straws here now, maybe try reflashing your firmware?
elturbonitroso
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by elturbonitroso »

OK D12 .526 and C16 .627 i alredy reflash the firmware.