Only getting 0.5v across the outputs for the injectors..?!

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

the brit
MS/Extra Newbie

Only getting 0.5v across the outputs for the injectors..?!

Post by the brit »

Both at the injector connectors and straight across the terminals on the relay board, i'm only getting ~0.5volts for the injectors.

All the wiring checks out for continuity, relays and fuses seem fine.

Running distributor spark with the bosch module, and have bridged the FIDLE relay nessecery for that.

I'm getting great spark, good fuel pressure at the rail and everything checks out with the wiring.. am i missing something in Megatune or something obvious that i'm overlooking?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I am not getting any continuance from the INJ 1/2 to ground, ever. I have 12v going out, but not the switched ground that i understand that INJ banks 1 and 2 are. Again, no fuses or faults noticable. :(
1993 VW Fox, 1.8L 16v, Jenvey direct-to-head ITBs, VW 20vT Injectors (310cc), Bosch temp sensors, rover k-series TPS, Inn. LC-1.
MSnSe029q2, MT2.25.
Following Duffman Wiring diagram, VW Ignition module, stock Distributor.
Complete & utter MS newb.
the brit
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by the brit »

Thanks for the reply Lance.

I have a strong 12volts being fed into each injector, and there is continuity to both a common ground, and the post in the relay from the other pin. I have also checked my db37 connector, and the relay board for the same - everything checks out fine. It's at this point where i'm at a loss for ideas!

I guess the next step is as you suggest, is to build/borrow a stim and check out what's going on with the board. It was purchased pre-built through one of the major suppliers, but I guess i'll get my hands a little dirtier with the insides now too.
1993 VW Fox, 1.8L 16v, Jenvey direct-to-head ITBs, VW 20vT Injectors (310cc), Bosch temp sensors, rover k-series TPS, Inn. LC-1.
MSnSe029q2, MT2.25.
the brit
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by the brit »

Lance, thanks very much again for your help.

After checking, i do not have continuity to ground at any point along the injector wiring. Neither at the pins, the wiring or, most tellingly, at the injector connectors when firing the engine.

I do have good continuity from one end to another along each connection, in the relay board and in the db37 cable, along with good 12v to the injectors. Earlier we has hooked one of the injector connections up to a spare injector and had it faintly clicking, but nothing more than that.

I'll check the MS out with the stim later this week, and may build my own relay board as i'm not super impressed with the one the came pre-built.

I'm still stuck for the simple explanation with will solve the problem. Time to chase down the complicated answer!

Thanks,
Jamie.
MSnSe029q2, MT2.25.