Can't get gauges on front page to stay

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

digiguy
MS/Extra Newbie

Can't get gauges on front page to stay

Post by digiguy »

I've done a search on this already and still can't get it right. I'm running on XP. I can swap the gauges but they change back the next time I open up MS. I've opened up MS INI files and made minor changes but I'm not sure which one will actually make the change permanent. I have been using notepad and I'm running 2.25. Sorry for the simple question. The car is running awesome and tuning has gone very well by the way.
Check out the airriders.ca VW club
digiguy
MS/Extra Newbie

thanks

Post by digiguy »

Thanks lance; I'm pretty sure I changed them in the MS II INI. file but I'll try again. There are a lot of INI files in there and although I am fine using computers I find the programming side (code and such) a little intimidating.
Philip Lochner
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: thanks

Post by Philip Lochner »

digiguy wrote:Thanks lance; I'm pretty sure I changed them in the MS II INI. file but I'll try again. There are a lot of INI files in there and although I am fine using computers I find the programming side (code and such) a little intimidating.
At the risk of stating the obvious: Did you SAVE your changes?

I also found these ini files "intimidating" but after a while you get the general idea. It would be nice if there was a bit more documentation on these ini files. On the other hand, if dumb user like me can get the hang of it, does that not obviate the need for more documentation? :-)
Kind regards
Philip
'74 Jensen Interceptor 440ci (EFI'ed with MS2 and wasted spark + GM 4L60e GPIO controlled - both on Extra FW)
digiguy
MS/Extra Newbie

changes

Post by digiguy »

I didn't save the first couple of times but I have since. I'm not sure which ini file I need to go into. At the top of the front page it says I'm in MS 024xxx so I'm wondering if the version 024 ini file is the one I have to change. I believe you mean save in Note Pad when I have made the changes right? When I make these changes I'm just going down to the Front Page 'gauge1 = xgauge and changing xgauge to matGauge etc right? I know I'm probably missing something really basic again. Thakns for the help and patience.
MegaScott
MS/Extra Guru

Post by MegaScott »

Go to the "C:\Program Files\MegaSquirt\MegaTune2.25\mtCfg" directory.

Edit the file named "msns-extra.ini"
Philip Lochner
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: changes

Post by Philip Lochner »

digiguy wrote:I believe you mean save in Note Pad when I have made the changes right? When I make these changes I'm just going down to the Front Page 'gauge1 = xgauge and changing xgauge to matGauge etc right?
Yep, that's it. I created shortcuts to my desktop and renamed the shortcuts to something more meaningful like "autotune params" and "MT setup" etc as I was always opening the wrong ini file.
Kind regards
Philip
'74 Jensen Interceptor 440ci (EFI'ed with MS2 and wasted spark + GM 4L60e GPIO controlled - both on Extra FW)
digiguy
MS/Extra Newbie

ini files

Post by digiguy »

Okay, I changed them in Notepad in every extra.ini file and they still aren't changing. I have an 021, 024, 027, and 029 ini files and I changed everything under "front page" to the gauges I want. EG. gauge3 = matGauge, gauge4 = throttleGauge, gauge6 = voltMeter, gauge8 = warmupEnrichGauge. I save it when I'm in notepad and then exit and then go into MT and they haven't changed. What little stupid thing am I forgetting? I know, I know, this is probably ridiculous.
MegaScott
MS/Extra Guru

Re: ini files

Post by MegaScott »

digiguy wrote:Okay, I changed them in Notepad in every extra.ini file and they still aren't changing. I have an 021, 024, 027, and 029 ini files and I changed everything under "front page" to the gauges I want. EG. gauge3 = matGauge, gauge4 = throttleGauge, gauge6 = voltMeter, gauge8 = warmupEnrichGauge. I save it when I'm in notepad and then exit and then go into MT and they haven't changed. What little stupid thing am I forgetting? I know, I know, this is probably ridiculous.
Look at my last post, you edit that file only.