AFR table question

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

71jeep
Experienced MS/Extra'er

AFR table question

Post by 71jeep »

MSnS-E 029q2 MSv3 Megatune 2.25 V6 fuel only innovative wideband

Hi guys I installed a wideband a bit ago and I would like to use the AFR table but I just have a few questions.
One the AFR table is 8x8 do I just make the kpa and rpm as close to my VE table and then punch in what AFR I want to run at what RPM KPA or do I make it match exactly to my VE table just skipping a few rpm KPA in between.
Two with the AFR table on it ignors the switch voltage in the ego page and gets all the info from the Afr table.

Thanks for anyones help

Thanks 71jeep :P
71jeep
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 71jeep »

Am I not wording this right?
Do I just enable the AFR table make the left side KPA match my VE table than make the bottom RPM match the VE then type in what air fuel ratio I want it to run and go?

Thanks 71jeep :P
keithmac
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by keithmac »

I think you type the EGO voltage in the target AFR table? I don`t know what affects the table working or not ie if the closed loop function overides the AFR tables, maybe a quick read in the manual will clear things up?
Squirted VW GTI 16vG60 mk2
keithmac
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by keithmac »

Some wideband sensors use voltage in the table, others use afr`s, just to clear that up.
Squirted VW GTI 16vG60 mk2
71jeep
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 71jeep »

Thankyou Kieth.....
I had read the write up on the MSNS-E site but was still a bit confused because the AFR table is 8x8 and my VE is 12x12 I was not sure if I made it look as close as possible to my VE table or just make a table up and go with it or if there was some tick to it .
Is there more on the AFR table in the megamanual that I can read up on?

Thankyou 71jeep :P
matt325is
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by matt325is »

You can make it however you'd like. Since it depends on when your afr correction is active, you can start it anywhere. I'd say above 2000 would be best, and in whatever kpa range you'd like. It doesn't have to be exactly like your ve table, but make it similar, starting with a higher rpm.

matt
71jeep
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 71jeep »

Thankyou Matt that was exactly the answer I was looking for I am going to dive in and give it a try.

Thankyou 71jeep :P