some help with PWM idle control please

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

purple people eater
MS/Extra Newbie

some help with PWM idle control please

Post by purple people eater »

i am using a MS-I squirt and spark extra, with 024s13c firmware, and megatune 2.25b717

i have recently wired in a TIP-122 replacing the fast idle control, im using a ford 2 wire idle motor, i have been running it on warmup, and it is all working fine.
i would like to run it closed loop as well, to compensate for loss of RPM when my thermo fans turn on, i cant seem to get it to go.

i set the upper and lower rpms etc, and i set the, and the kick up RPM to 700, kick up duty cycle to 19% and i can still get it to idle at 600 rpm (no matter what the kick up duty cycle is set to)

it just doesnt lift the idle at all. i have no idea what Dashpot duty cycle should be, or Minimum duty.

any helpers?
thanks
Keithg
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Keithg »

024's closed loop idle control is, um, not yet useful IMO.
026 had Ryan's code that was better and worked well for some.
029q2 has a better algorithm, though more complicated setup. If you are going to go closed loop, I would suggest going to 029. If the 029 stock idle code is not complicated enough for you, Keithmac has put a lot of work into a modification of the 029 idle code that seems to help his small 4 cyl with wild cams.

KeithG
purple people eater
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by purple people eater »

so can anyone help me with dashpot duty cycle? i have no ieda what that means. i have downloaded 029 now
Keithg
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Keithg »

there is a description when you hit F1.

Dashpot duty cycle is the number of steps above teh previous regulated idle frequency that you want the code to add when it drops to idle from running.

KeithG