Edis/2nd MAP Glitches?

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Daryl
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Edis/2nd MAP Glitches?

Post by Daryl »

MS-1, V 2.2 brd, MT 2.25, MSnS-E 029q2
Board mods for EDIS 4 (led 17), Fan control (x2), and 2nd Map sensor (x7).
Still testing on stim, to be installed for spark control as soon as I figure these glitches out, fuel soon after. The board has been cleaned thoroughly several times with spray flux remover and a toothbrush.
  1. LED 17 – Doesn’t flash. Is it supposed to? It does turn off when rpm exceeds about 22,000 rpm! Aside from putting it in the car, is there a way to test if the spark output is working?
  2. I have fuel cut set at 6500 rpm, and it works. But in the above test, D2 and D3 (inj. 1 & 2) come back on at about 25,000 rpm. ? Not a problem, but odd.
  3. 2nd map sensor does not seem to work in "realtime" display. I have verified that it does work. 5V to pin 3 and output of about 1.8 V at 97kpa down to 0.4xx V at 25-30 kpa.
  4. O2 voltage is inconsistent. Sometimes it will not go below ~0.488 volts and creeps up as High as .8 volts with nothing being touched. I leave it for 15 min and when I come back it shows 0.00V and turning the pot it goes to ~1.2 V and back to 0 no problem..? A/F displayed 4.8 to 28.0 when working properly.

I don’t get any error messages and other than the above everything seems to work fine. I think some of the above is probably a wrong setting or some thing. I’ll attach a datalog and my msq.
Thanks for any pointers,
Daryl

Posted by email.
Last edited by Daryl on Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daryl
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Daryl »

Also when I try to read the log with MSLVV 2.25 Beta 9 I get an "I/O error 32" ? :?

I gotta get this sorted so I can get off my backside and actually work on the car! :(

Thanks
Daryl

**Works with MegaLogViewer!!! So disregard MSLVV reference.....** :oops:
Daryl
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Daryl »

Anybody?

O2 'seems to be working properly now, consistant.....

Daryl
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

Your spark settings aren't quite right - should be zero in the Trigger Angle box.

What are you using the 2nd map sensor for and where do you expect to see the ouput?

Do you get any flashing on LED17 at very low rpms? Sometimes the flashes can be too fast to see and the LED looks as if it is continually switched on.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
Daryl
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Edis/2nd MAP Glitches?

Post by Daryl »

Thanks James,
Set the trigger angle to 0. Even at 135 rpm on stim, led 17 doesn't flash. I was under the impression that the edis signal would very nearly mimic the injectors........(2 sparks every revolution? - maybe doesn't quite work that way?)...I'll check it in the car.

2nd map sensor is used for constant barometric correction. 2-4,000 ft elevation change in a daytrip is common, more sometimes.
Thought it would show up in the realtime display or in the logs. I don't see the baro changing in those windows...?
Just trying to confirm that it is working. If it doesn't show up anywhere, I can live with that. Thanks.

Daryl

Posted by email.
Daryl
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Daryl »

Ok. Got the MS on the car and the advance WORKS for the edis system.
LED 17 does NOT FLASH at any time. :D

Only hooked up for igniton and to control the fan (also works :D ) for now.

Now to figure out that darned Barometer reading (or not) for 2nd map sensor.... :? :RTFM:

Thanks
Daryl