set boost depening on gear?

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

youask
Helpful MS/Extra'er

set boost depening on gear?

Post by youask »

Would it be possible to somehow set diffrent boostlevels depening on which gear with some small mod of the code?

like the Apexi boostcontroller??
coyoteboy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by coyoteboy »

Youd need input of speed (from that and rpm you could predict gear) and then theoretically yes you could. Whether the sns code is going to be expanded much from now on im not so sure, now that MSII has come along?

J
PSIG
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by PSIG »

I hope to use something like this on another turbo drag car project we are getting ready for. My idea was to install microswitches on 1st and 2nd shifter positions. I hope coding would be easy with a 'Input A high then output X high (to boost solenoid)'. We will want 1st gear low boost, 2nd medium and all others full. I'm not too worried about it though, as the shifter switches can always be wired directly to the boost solenoids bypassing MS completely for boost/vacuum controlled wastegates.

I will do the experiments because I want it to work for if we go to electric VNT/VGT control in the future. However, I would then want to use variable boost dependent on engine RPM and wheel VSS (modified traction control feature?). Using Extra's current traction control unmodified may well work for either situation, but I would prefer direct gate control if possible.

Have you considered the TC feature?

Good luck!
David
coyoteboy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by coyoteboy »

Easiest way i can see of doing that is to run the switchable tables option with the microswitches with lower boost targets on the first tables and higher on the second set with instant table switching. Not sure if this will produce a glitch between shifts but it wont matter as the engine will be in over-run at the time. You can just copy the map into the second table then.

J