H22 Vtech coming along nice!

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Joethemechanic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

H22 Vtech coming along nice!

Post by Joethemechanic »

V3.0 MS&Se 029q ( what is xxxq2? ) stock dist.

So far fuel is tuned to 99% or better than stock, it now runns 16-17 to 1 in cruise ad doesn't go pig rich above 6500 rpm.

RPM based Accell Enrich seems to be working great also!

As of now ot it running on one VE table, but when I ad a tip120 darlington to control VTECH I will have two separate tables, Table 1 for base lobes and table 3 for Vtech lobes. this will allow me to switch the Vtech in at different RPMs without having to re-do the VE table.

I had it firing the coil through the VB921, but the 2 pole crank trigger seems to be timed about 10-12 degrees AFTER TDC, making it hard to start even with the cranking timing set to 30-40degr. :evil:
Unless one of the timing algorithms will work with a late trigger I will have to get My daughter card mounted and use the 12 pole crank trigger and the single cam trigger.
Has anyone treid a 4cyl. with a 2 pole + 1 cam sync set-up?
In any case add another honda to the " It's alive!!!! " list
Joe
89 accord 2.0L MS1 2.98 code v2.2 board, then MS1 and Megaspark, then MS&Se.
98 accord 2.3L MS&Se, v3.0 DIS.
99 Prelude soon to be MS&Se'd, turbo'd etc.
72 ElComino 406 sbc MSII v3.0 TBI
92 F250 MSI v2.2 MS&Se
92 twin turbo stealth MS&Se v3
shaodome
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by shaodome »

What are you doing to trigger the VTEC? I know it would be annoying to hit VTEC if you aren't really in the throttle.....so you need more than just an RPM threshold.
Joethemechanic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Joethemechanic »

Well, actually this is how it is stock, I can be full throttle or quarter throttle, it kicks in at 5k every time.
I will not change it much, possibly bring it in ~4k, but reguardless, If I am at 4k under light throttle, it is only out of choise. under light accelleration I shift well under 4k anyway so who cares?

I could put a < > MAP or TPS threshold in there but I dont think it will be needed. It works good now.

My point is; 95% of the time it actually enguages the Vtech, I am under >90% throttle. I just dont think it will be THAT benificial to try and overcomplicate the other 5%.
Joe
89 accord 2.0L MS1 2.98 code v2.2 board, then MS1 and Megaspark, then MS&Se.
98 accord 2.3L MS&Se, v3.0 DIS.
99 Prelude soon to be MS&Se'd, turbo'd etc.
72 ElComino 406 sbc MSII v3.0 TBI
92 F250 MSI v2.2 MS&Se
92 twin turbo stealth MS&Se v3