Coilpack Problem

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Fastest95PGT
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Fastest95PGT »

The dyno will be good for someone to keep an eye on your packs (for arc'ing as you'd mentioned earlier) under boost. Try to get a boost reference if they have it as that's great to be able to look at when comparing plots in DJ viewer.

Side note, I was out yesterday and must have a leak in my WG T's... held a nice 7psi with my EBC turned off. Silly me, I should really add another nip on my charge pipes to split them up.
1995 Ford Probe GT ~ Megasquirted & Boosted
275whp/242wtq @ 5.5psi ---- 317whp/287wtq @ 8.5psi
^^^ (thanks to MSnS-E and dyno tuning by me!)
2003 GSX1300R (Hayabusa)
shaodome
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by shaodome »

I'm not gonna blow $150 on the rollers just to "attempt" to solve this problem and they don't have boost reference hookup :( I'll just datlog for comparison I guess :|

I'm gonna replace the plugs AGAIN today to see what happenes.
Fastest95PGT
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Fastest95PGT »

Ahh, I mis-read your post. Thought you meant it was reserved for you and I must have gotten so excited I didn't read the next part where you weren't going to go.

I've found you can tell a lot more on the dyno that you can't tell on the street as you don't deal with the momentum of the vehicle pulling you through some problems at the minimum shifting their symptoms in the datalogs.
1995 Ford Probe GT ~ Megasquirted & Boosted
275whp/242wtq @ 5.5psi ---- 317whp/287wtq @ 8.5psi
^^^ (thanks to MSnS-E and dyno tuning by me!)
2003 GSX1300R (Hayabusa)
shaodome
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by shaodome »

Don't worry....i'm doing EVERYTHING in my power to make this work and as soon as it does, i'll be on the rollers now that the new setup is on. Not sure which turbo it'll be using on the dyno though (sc61 current or the 60-1 if it ever shows up).

As for the datalogs....the only thing that shows up is the leanness due to the misfiring that happens in boost.