Water Injection only works one time

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

kawizx12r
MS/Extra Newbie

Water Injection only works one time

Post by kawizx12r »

Hello there I am using the 27C code and my water injection only works one time, Then never turns on again. Here are my settings, KPa is 90
RPM is 1500, and IAT is 100 degrees. I built an IGBT driver circuit that is controlled by X2 on the board, that should turn on my pump when all three conditions are met. Somewhere in code the "bset water, porta" isn't falling through everytime. could it possibly not be falling through with the ignore_iat.
why would we not want to check iat when the pump is on?

If anyone has seen this issue before please let me know, it would take me a long time flowchart out this code.

thanks
daxtojeiro
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by daxtojeiro »

Hi there,
we ignore the iat once the water inj has started as this should come down when water is injected in so if we were still looking at it the water inj would turn off as soon as it had turned on, there fore increasing the air temp again. I will take a look at the code and see if anything is forcing it off, but if I were you Id upgrade to the latest 029 code and try again, as that would be the code we would fix anyhow now,
Phil
http://www.msextra.com/manuals/MS_Extra ... _Index.htm for MS1 Extra Manuals
http://www.msextra.com/ms2extra/ for MS2-Extra Manuals
http://www.extraefi.co.uk/cobra/accobra.htm 5.0L TVR powered Cobra Replica (MSnS-E)
keithmac
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by keithmac »

I`ve been running water injection from 027 right up to the latest extra release with no problems.
Squirted VW GTI 16vG60 mk2
kawizx12r
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by kawizx12r »

Ok guys...I did some additional testing. First I upgraded to 029q code and installed mega-tune final version. The results are as follows: The water injection works 3 times then doesn't work until I push in the clutch and drop to idle, then let the clutch out and accelerate. Then I get another 3 consecutive water injections and then cycle repeats. The result is similar to the old code, however I didn't try pushing in the clutch with the old code.
Whatever the bug I am experiencing seems to be RPM dependant. MAP and IAT doesn't seem to have an effect.

Also before rambling on let me make sure I completely understand the intended operation.

3 conditions have to be met in order to activate X2
MAP, RMP and IAT all have to be above setpoints before X2 is activated.

In megatune codebase options I have water inj set and NO2 OFF

I really like the new megatune but I have a quick ? are the hotkeys Ctrl B
for writing to memory and flash?

thanks
keithmac
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by keithmac »

If I ever get the engine back into my car I`ll give it a go and check I can go over three operations. I`ve never known to pump not to function when the parameters are met though?
Squirted VW GTI 16vG60 mk2