Ignition set-up

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

olsteve
MS/Extra Newbie

Ignition set-up

Post by olsteve »

Can someone check the attached picture to see if I have my wiring planned correctly? This is for a GM Hei 8-pin with remote coil setup. I am using the -extra code.
olsteve
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by olsteve »

...BUMP...

I am just looking for someone to say, "Yeah, that looks right" or "Don't do that you will blow up your car".
olsteve
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by olsteve »

TTT

Anyone?
PSIG
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by PSIG »

I can't help you with the Relay Board as I don't use them,Imagebut ultimately, pins R - E - B should match up to TACH - X11 - X12 per the Extra info here: http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/setup-hei7.html
Hope that helps,
David
fiat132t
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by fiat132t »

i am running the 7 pin hei and i did the conections as the page PSIG mentioned....the car wont start though and i am still waitong for some help???? i am getting sparks thoough but the injectors are just not injecting :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
renaldo
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by renaldo »

What is a GM 8Pin HEI, what is it used for and how it is hooked up to the ecu?
olsteve
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by olsteve »

[quote="renaldo"]What is a GM 8Pin HEI, what is it used for and how it is hooked up to the ecu?[/quote]

The GM 8pin HEI is basically the same as the GM 7pin HEI. It creates a signal in reference to its spinning shaft. This is the signal that is used for spark timing. I think it is hooked up to the ECU like the picture I posted but I wanted someone to check my work and verify that this is correct.
renaldo
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by renaldo »

Where can I get a GM 8Pin HEI or a GM 7pin HEI...Is this a circuit that is soldered onto the ms board?