Water injection question.....

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Danny
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Water injection question.....

Post by Danny »

Hello, I wasnt sure where to post this but as its a feature that msns-e gives I decided to put it here.

I am going to have a go at adding water injection to my supercharged 16v golf, as we have had some hot weather lately and I can really feel the loss in performance on warm days. I dont have an intercooler, so I think it will really help. The setup is a draw through system, hence the throttle restricts air going into the charger.

I have been doing some research, but I cannot find an answer to my question, which is where is the best place to inject water on my setup. I personally think it will be best injecting it into the back of the supercharger as it will help distribute it and it will therefore absorb as much heat as possible. But then I think on the other hand, if I injected it after the charger it would be nice and cold ready to cool the air down. But then I think, if its going in before the charger the air will never get as warm, as the water will absorb heat as it begins the evaporate.....

If someone has the answer to that, please let me kno! lol.

I was thinking about using an LPG injector with a nozzle on for the job, as I have one lying around and I think it will be ok with water. Is there anyway I can adjust the water injection output to a % of pulse width 2? Or will have just have to get it right on nozzle size?

Cheers
Danny
GTI Mk2, 16v head,8v bottom end, eaton M45 blower, megasquirted on dual fuel!