Output Trouble

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

superchargingmachine
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Output Trouble

Post by superchargingmachine »

I just assembled my daughter Board. The particular board is located here. http://www.gpz900r.se/ms_e.htm

In any event here is what is happening With the output off the ECU is sending the correct 0VDC with the output on the ECU is sending the correct 5VDC. The circuit is a 1K resitor 2N2222 trans and a 1N4001 diode(circuit called for a 1N4002 but I didn't have one) the circuit turns on fine but does not turn off. The ciruit voltage drops from 12'ish to 4-8VDC depending on whether it's in the car or on the stim. Is my trouble the 1N4001 diode or something else? I am trying to use this to operate an vac/vent solenoid but the voltage is high enough to hang to valve open when it should go off.
superchargingmachine
Experienced MS/Extra'er

I think I just found my problem no 12V on the stirpe side of the diode. OOps
superchargingmachine
Experienced MS/Extra'er

No luck! The voltages are 12V Output on 2.9V Output off. There does not appear to be enough power to drive the valve. There is enough power to run a relay but the 2.9V makes it hang in the on position. The 2.9V will not pull on the relay but once it is energized it is enough to hold it. I think I mentioned it before but I am seeing 6V between the ground leg of the solenoid plug and true ground. This seems strange to me.

I'm out of ideas please help.
subie4me
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by subie4me »

superchargingmachine wrote:No luck! The voltages are 12V Output on 2.9V Output off. There does not appear to be enough power to drive the valve. There is enough power to run a relay but the 2.9V makes it hang in the on position. The 2.9V will not pull on the relay but once it is energized it is enough to hold it. I think I mentioned it before but I am seeing 6V between the ground leg of the solenoid plug and true ground. This seems strange to me.

I'm out of ideas please help.

I think I mentioned it before but I am seeing 6V between the ground leg of the solenoid plug and true ground. This seems strange to me.

YES I tend to agree!
Turbo motors I've squirted. 4cyl subarus, 6 cyl subaru with vvt&vvl, honda3.5 with vtec, aircooled vw's, toyota v8, 2.5l autocraft, turbo intercooled yamaha rhino, more to follow
superchargingmachine
Experienced MS/Extra'er

I have the MS-ECU loose from the car. I plan to test the system on the bench tonight. I will document my results if I am not successful. My guess right now is that I have something in my orginal wiring wrong. Separating the MS from the car and driving it off the stim should tell me if this is the case or not.