hei install

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

fiat132t
Helpful MS/Extra'er

hei install

Post by fiat132t »

hey there guys...i am running msns-e, v2.2
i just installed the 7 pin module and all the wiring but the car wont start.its reading rpm on megatune but the injectors arent firing???????
it was running fuel only in the past with the board mods carried out
fiat132t
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by fiat132t »

thanks...i will try that today and see what happens
fiat132t
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by fiat132t »

i tried the module today and i unhooked the 5 volt source and the car starts.there is just something wrong with it and i cant tell what it is...i dont think its ignition related...
1) megatune freezes every second time i try to send something to the ecu. shutting down megatune and restarting doesnt help. i have to restart the computer to reconnect, and then the same thing happens
2) the car is running like its on 3 cylinders...its not...it just seems like that.
3) the car wont idle at all...i have the throttle stop to the maximum stting and that doesnt help
4)the car will start on the first attempt but it will only running if i keep stomping on the gas pedal...like it only running on the acceleration enrichment.....megatune is reading pulse widths and everything but it just wont idle properly...everything seems fine
i will try to get a datalog today....i thought the map sensor hose might be disconnected but it isnt. the timing is set at 27 degrees and the distributor is locked.could that be the cause??? the timing too advanced??? i dont know???????
help guys
fiat132t
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by fiat132t »

anyone?????
fiat132t
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by fiat132t »

i tried to data log today and everytime i tried..megatune freezes..i tried a few times and its of no use....i have to restart the pc in order to be able to communicate again
is it okay if i try to connect the wire going to the r pin of the module to the negative side of the coil and try a datalog. i tried it once and the car seemed to run a bit better but i didnt know if that was good or bad so i stopped...
should i????
fiat132t
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by fiat132t »

oh my god........
how do i check and see if its still ok...?????
fiat132t
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by fiat132t »

isnt that the wire going to the tach pin on the relay board
fiat132t
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by fiat132t »

heres what i did
the red wire was the wire going to pin r. i disconnected that and i connected it in the way shown with the black wire...
could my module still be dead?
fiat132t
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by fiat132t »

how do i test the module anyways...just incase
fiat132t
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by fiat132t »

there was this test i made...
when i checked for contnuity between the r pin and the negative side of the coil with the multi meter...the thing buzzed....they are connected
i tried today with my second module and it didnt buzz...is my module fried? :( :( :( :(
fiat132t
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by fiat132t »

ok....if the module is burnt out.....it cant control timing anymore...but even the vr circuit inside....cant it run like a 4 pin?
fiat132t
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by fiat132t »

ok..i changed the module and its still not working..i noticed today that every time i start the car, i get a reset.
the car was running ok on the 4 pin module and when i swapped it for the 7 pin it went CRAZY. knock, popping out the exhaust....i have pin e and b disconnected.
the car cranks fine and runs ok 4 2 seconds or so and then it goes crazy. i read that thats when the module starts handing the timing over to the megasquirt.i dont know what to do????
i will try connecting pin e today and trying again
:( :( :( :( :( :(
PSIG
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by PSIG »

Most auto parts stores have module testers and will test it for free. :D

David
fiat132t
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by fiat132t »

thats not possible here in egypt....
i connected all the pins ..the car starts for a few seconds and then dies...i will post a data log and my msq.....
fiat132t
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by fiat132t »

i cant post my datalog???? wheres the button gone????