Help with a v2.2 msns vw turbo setup

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

savagerocco
Master MS/Extra'er

Help with a v2.2 msns vw turbo setup

Post by savagerocco »

I have an 84 GTI with an ABA 2.0l turbo motor. I have a built v2.2 megasquirt that I built for a project like three years ago. It is loaded with three year old msns software.

anyways. I have a four window hall sensor distributor that I will use to feed the megasuirt, then I have a vw coil e-core that has a built in module.
I looked thru the diagrams and setups, and they don't look anything like the walk thrus I had when I built the unit. I'll have more info once I get the unit powered and get versions, loaned my stimulator to a buddy and he has yet to return it. any help or info would be appreciated.

Brent
superchargingmachine
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by superchargingmachine »

It is going to be a little rough going to refamiliarize yourself but everything is still out there.

You should be able to find your ignition stuff here somewhere http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/
savagerocco
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by savagerocco »

Ok, opened up the box and the D8 zener diode is jumped and there is a jumper on xg1-xg2 I am going to use the factory four window hall distributor hooked up to the tach input and the F-idle hooked up to the stock volkswagon coil. It is a e-core design with a built in module. I am not certain if it is a smart module, or a dumb module, so any info on that would be helpful. The coil was run directly off of the computer in the stock application

The coil number is FHP 9411 19 01 , there is another one up top that says Temic TFK311354 VW TE1