First timer

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Slothmeister
MS/Extra Newbie

First timer

Post by Slothmeister »

Hello guys,

I'm new to MS and would like some help..... i've read the manual back to front (and yes, my eyes are bleeding :-D )......

I'm running a 2 ltr blacktop zetec with port injection, using R6 injectors. I've just replaced all of the gaskets on the inlet side thinking i've got an air leak.... here's the problem.... when the car idles, it runs real rich...the required fuel calc for my injectors is 14.1...... but when i reduce it down to lean out, it idles real high. At the moment it idles at 1600 rpm..... and pops and bangs every few seconds.

I'm using a NB lambda and no idle valve (the setup is in a kit car). I've now been trying for 3 weeks to get this car running and i'm at my wits end...... i'm beginning to think the emerald or DTA is a good option!!!!

I've attached my msq file if somebody could take a look to see if there's anything obvious i've missed (as i say, i'm really novice)......

Phil Ringwood has helped me a lot recently as the unit has burned the FET's twice (but I know why now :-D)........

I just don'tunderstand why it runs so rich at idle (and at high rpm)...

I'm getting between 65 and 80 Kpa on the MAP at idle (fitted a fishtank air valve to steady the reading!!)

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks Guys

Sean (a very novice squirter!!!!!!)
Wandering around the garage muttering 'bugger' under my breath
Slothmeister
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Slothmeister »

Hi Lance,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not running any brake assist off the manifold and there's no other parts of the throttle bodies where air could get in. I'll check the butterflies, but at the moment, all 4 are completely closed (i've backed the idle screw right off)...... i'm gonna try again today by blocking all four bodies simultaneously (which in theory should stall the engine). If it doesn't stall, i guess air is still getting in somewhere. I'll keep you posted.

Regards,

Sean
Slothmeister
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Slothmeister »

Hi Lance,

I took the manifold and bodies off again (its a machines alloy plate to the head) and after looking closely, found that it rocks slightly against the head. I've tried gasket sealer but no look. It now looks as though i need a new plate machining.

Will keep you posted as to my progress.

Regards,

Sean