gennro
MS/Extra Newbie

MSnS-E, V3.0,029q2,No spark

Post by gennro »

Ok as title says MSNS-E, V3.0,029q2

2.4L SRT internals
SRT S1 Injectors
No turbo yet.

Alright I have fuel running great and car runs nice and smooth and using a LC-1 Wideband. I did all the 420a mods exactly and double checked them over off the MSnS-e Website. Stock ignition works great. Running 2 internal VB921s. Only thing is I have the extra VB921 pin 3 grounded to the same point as the other VB921 pin 3 ground.

Trigger angle is 69
Return trigger
Inverted is YES
Dwell is at 4.0

Alright i hooked up spark today. Got it running off the first start, but idled like crap and i couldn't get it to idle any better. The rpms oscillated at idle and stumbled and the accel enrich would come on. I also played with the dwell and still didn't help. I drove it a bit to test it turned it off about 10 mins later and would not start back up, hooked it back to stock ignition and runs great again. I have no idea what the problem is now.
1990 Toyota Supra
1jz MS2 3.57/3.0.3v/EDIS 6
Keithg
Super MS/Extra'er

MSnS-E, V3.0,029q2,No spark

Post by Keithg »

resistor plugs? If not, this may be what is causing the interference with the MS. Another suggestion is to have both VB921 grounds back to the head instead of through the single MS ground.

KeithG

Posted by email.
kilvo
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by kilvo »

i had a similar problem on my Vauxhall ended up i had to change the spark from Inverted to non inverted but by that time i had already burnt the ignition module out.
Name: KILVO
Vehicle: 1995 Vauxhall Astra GSI
Engine: 2.0 liters), 4Cyl DIS Pack.
Injection: 241cc Injectors.
Description: Runs Like a dream,.