Going rich

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

chris_the_rat
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Going rich

Post by chris_the_rat »

Upgraded a OK running MS V2.2 from 24something to 29q and now have a problem. The Gego will richen until the car dies. In the log below I adjusted the ergo control to activate above 1500rpm. With this the car idles fine. Then about half way through I set the acivation rpms to 400rpm (below my idle) and the Gego starts richening and richening. Why does it do this? What am I missing?? I have no idle valve control. When driving it seems to work Ok but as soon as I get close to idle it goes pig rich. I can keep it running by reving it. I use a LC-1.
Here is my msq
http://www.djupdalen.se/Camaro/camaro_e ... k_029q.msq
And here is the log
http://www.djupdalen.se/Camaro/datalog200607262057.xls
chris_the_rat
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by chris_the_rat »

Next problem.....

Why does my first link open as some type of text but my second link works correctly, when chosen you are asked if it should open or download?????

Help!!!
chris_the_rat
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by chris_the_rat »

Sitting at work thinking about this... Is it possible to see the values that the WB sensor is sending to MS in the logg? Which variable is that?
chris_the_rat
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by chris_the_rat »

Well I guess the O2 column is the actual value from the WB sensor. In the log it looks pretty stable the first half (with no correction active) and very jumpy in the later half, with Gego correcting. This I guess would indicate that the sensor is working fine but is missread in some way causing MS to inrichen.

Looks like its only me writing in this thread... Was hoping for some help!

/Christian
chris_the_rat
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by chris_the_rat »

Well, last reply on this subject. I reloaded the old working 024s9 and the car ran great. Spent some more time compairing the two msq's and found that my AFR target table was different. Edited it and now the car runs great on 029q2!! Its always the simple things.... Don't understand though how the table was changed, I know i made a copy from 024s9.

Now we can start working on the idle valve!!