New here. Got a question about electronic distributor

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Bochek
MS/Extra Newbie

New here. Got a question about electronic distributor

Post by Bochek »

Im looking at getting a Megasquirt, and im plaining on running the msns-e software.

i own a 1993 mazda mx3 rs (1.6l sohc) and im a little confused about 1 aspect of the ignition connection.

My Distributor has 4 wires going to the top of it, from what i have been able to find out, my ecu controlls ignition advance. it has a external coil. i have been unable to determain what the 4 wires comming out the top do. im assuming a couple of them are for the camshaft position sensor, and the others are some sort of electronic advance.

any information on how i would go about wiring this to a v3 PCB would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Bochek
Bochek
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Bochek »

no one? i am unable to find out anything about this disty.
Bochek
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Bochek »

well i have the pinout for the disty now.

Black/Light Green = Ground
White = Trigger Signal
Yellow/Blue = Home Signal
White/Red = +13.8 Volts

obvisouly the colours wont mean much to you guys, but can you help me in figguring out how the MSnS could controll this disty.

Thanks
Bochek
PSIG
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by PSIG »

There's a 1993 323 1.6L SOHC in front of my house. Probably the same distributor. I'll try to get a look at it tomorrow and let you know what I find.

David
Bochek
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Bochek »

well a bit of a update, the 4 wires are for a hall effect sensor, (home and trigger) there is no mechanical advance inside the disty at all.

so basically. would i just wire up the hall effect sensor to the ms and then have it controll my MSD 6A and just have it advance the timing of the spark comming from the coil?