absolutely despriate mustang msns-e tried everything!!!

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

95roush
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 95roush »

Hey guys, tried the tfi-msd conf file that was linked earlier in the thread. It seemed to work better, but after opening it, I noticed that the VE table and spark advance table had no vales in the tps column, I inserted #'s 0 at the bottom to 100 at the top and left everything else unchaged.

I am now wondering about my wiring to the tfi Module,

pip (pin1) goes to MS ign
pin 2 no connection
pin 3 12 v cranking only
pin 4 12v run and crank
pin 5 no connection
pin 6 grounded

Now I have seen a picture where pins 3&4 have 12v crank and run, do you think that because of this my car seems to start, then right away stumble and die?

I am about out of ideas in any realm, this is the most frustrating thing since women, jj, well not really. I have spent over a week trying and trying, there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel

thank you all again for the help, but could use some more.
If anyone wants to look over my msq file I can email it to you.

thanks
Jesse
95roush
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 95roush »

guys, I switched the pins so that pin 3 & 4 are 12v hot and crank, didn't help. going to leave it this way, but still need opinions, and help, this is a terrible situation for me.

thanks
Jesse
Tommy
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Tommy »

Dont know the pin numbers but on the TFI's I work on one wire is black and gets power when ever the ignition is on, the other is black with a red stripe and takes power from the TFI to the hallsensor.

Tommy
95roush
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 95roush »

I think I might have found an issue, where my plug wires were located in correspondence to the hall sensor, I never had #1 lined up with the hall iin the dizzy, not sure if this would have any neg effect, but after looking at my 95 compared to the 93, the hall lined up with #1 printed on the cap, and the orientation was off, hopefully this is it and I can sleep at night:)