Ignition Wiring problems

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

renaldo
MS/Extra Newbie

Ignition Wiring problems

Post by renaldo »

I've been trying to get my car started for the past 4months now, and have not gotten it started becuz I can't get spark....
Now when I first heard about this megasqirt I saw the schematic diagram and it looked easy which the fuel part really is, but I never really thought about the ignition part until now I ripped apart my harness and now my car has no spark, i'm getting fuel but no spark. I've been doing some research and i've found out now that it's a bit more complicated than i thought......I have a 4age 20Valve....I was thinking about cutting two teeth out of the dizzy to make it a 12-1 Trigger wheel but I don't kno how to get it wired and wat i nee dto buy for the job. Someone told me I can get 4 individual coil packs and buy 4 vb921s and that should set me good, but then what do I do with the distributor? :?
renaldo
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by renaldo »

I've now read that u can run a single coil setup...How is this done?
They say all megasquirt ecu that are sold assembled should have in one Ignition coil driver which if I wire to my stock coil it should give me car spark once I have the software loaded onto the ecu right?
woh
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by woh »

Renaldo,

It's best to get the car working using the original method of spark. Can you get the original spark working?

Do you have a simple distributor? What do you have?

Are you using MSI v3 or what?

Give us a little more detail.
renaldo
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by renaldo »

I have the stock distributor ignitor and coil, but I don't know how to get the coil to fire so the engine can start up.
Just remember that I have already cut my engine harness already so I can't use the stock ecu for spark anymore....I HAVE to se the megasquirt ecu.
woh
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by woh »

Can you describe the distributor or take a picture? I am not familiar with this engine, but I'm sure someone on this forum is that can help you.

But first let's establish what version of MS you have.
renaldo
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by renaldo »

I have the MS1 V2.2...Will try my best to get a pic of the distributor.