msns on Kawasaki 1100

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

pstrbrc
Helpful MS/Extra'er

msns on Kawasaki 1100

Post by pstrbrc »

I'm working on an '81 GPz1100, which used a rather primitive EFI, along with Kaw's transisterized ignition. I'm hot on MSing the fuel, since I got it running well on another project. However, I'd like to also control the ignition on the bike. So, here's the set-up:
The Kaw ignition is a wasted spark setup, with two coils firing two cylinders each. There is a timing rotor on the end of the crank with one imbedded magnet, and two pickup coils 180 degrees apart fixed to the engine case.
What MSNS ignition configuration will work with this? Each of the pickup coils is used to trigger one of the coils, which fires two cylinders 360 apart. In effect, I have two ignition systems which fire 180 degrees apart.
Bruce
SeanS
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by SeanS »

check out my setup ... my zrx is almost the same.

I have the the option for a dual mounted v/r pickup exactly like yours, but I'm just using one pickup (rear). I'm only running igntion for now, I just changed jobs and had to put the rest of the conversion on hold until I move to my new location.

I use the missing tooth decoder and cut my own 36-1. I originally wanted to use edis, but figured out that the rpm limit is not going to let me. I'd cut you a wheel, but the mill is packed up at the moment :P

I have photos if anyone wants to see. look in my sig for the links to the project.