at a complete loss now ready to throw in the towel

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

bens_cab
Experienced MS/Extra'er

at a complete loss now ready to throw in the towel

Post by bens_cab »

ok the saga continues been having running problems on a new install which i put down to cop set up change to a single coil and now the ecu is just not playing anymore

put the cop setup back on it to see if that helped still the same

its vw 20vt engine using msns-extra 029q2 v3 board

had this set up running last week it would idle ok as soon as you load the engine it popped and banged so changed to plug leads and a single coil while testing for spark i swiched off Spark b so i could see which plugs it killed

and even tho ive switched it back on ive not seen the led flicker again with cranking ??

but if i load a msq someone sent me as a possible fix to my problems both led 17&19 come on with ignition and stay on until cranking then led17 will flicker as it should but led19 goes off

if i load my original working msq the ecu goes mad fuel pump on off arious settings change without touching them

i checked the mini terminal and it was full of &&&&&&& in the whole window

im using a usb to serial converter which was working good but wondering weather this could be a problem now

dont know where to start kinda getting realy cheesed off

if theres anyone on the south coast uk that wants to come and look id be greatful but not holding my breath i know you guys are busy with your own problems

so the question is what would cause a good msq to go corrupt after a burn???
bens_cab
Experienced MS/Extra'er

anyone

Post by bens_cab »

anyone want to help

ive been sat looking at the ecu for an hour and dont see anything that looks like its fried
superchargingmachine
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by superchargingmachine »

If you think it is the ECU I have a spare MS1. Send me your address and I will pop it in the mail.

superchargingmachine@yahoo.com

Other than that I run EDIS so I can't be of much help.
bens_cab
Experienced MS/Extra'er

not sure

Post by bens_cab »

im not realy sure what it is one problem seems to progress to another its never ending ive had this car up and running and now the spark outs puts dont work my msqs get corrupted when burning them so kinda lost on what to do first i dont have a stim so unable to bench test
superchargingmachine
Experienced MS/Extra'er

I have a stim too. You can have the ECU and borrow the stim but I would like to get the stim back.

I had an istall that went like that. My brother inlaw had built the MS and it was a bit of a hack job.
bens_cab
Experienced MS/Extra'er

cheers

Post by bens_cab »

going to see if i can get a stim from bill and go from there cheers for the offer tho

im in the uk so bit far to post i will get it sorted just need to be patient and reads lots :RTFM: :RTFM: :RTFM: :RTFM:

im just getting frustrsted
superchargingmachine
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Sorry, I didn't see that your in the UK.

Try not to get frustrated. I usually figuring things out if I walk a way for a few hours.

Good Luck!
bens_cab
Experienced MS/Extra'er

horray

Post by bens_cab »

right its running reflashed the ecu with 029q2 it still wouldnt start loaded a know good msq and it wouldnt start went through review mode and my cranking switch point value had changed to zero put that back to 300rpm and it fired up staright away

just need to adress the timing advance issue now

cheers