Ignition changes during rpm?

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

corsa_A
MS/Extra Newbie

Ignition changes during rpm?

Post by corsa_A »

Ms&extra, V3.0 029q2 code single coil usign Hall to trigger and vb921 to fire a coil.

I have same problem like bens_cab. If i set fixed ignition advance on 10°than at idle evrithing is ok but when i rev the engine ignition moves to more advance. Engine run fine, but i cannot advancet corectly. I think that my spark settings are wrong, becuse i must run 1,6 dwell or i have spark cutouts trough revs.

Trigger setting is 70°, spark inverted, dwell 1,6
its a vw vr6 engine code AAA
corsa_A
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by corsa_A »

I want to say that i solved the problem. It was ignition module. Aperently it has dwell controll built inside, becuse when i removed the module and put another coil evrithing was fine. So dont use vr6 stock ignition coil with stock ignition module (AAA engine with distributor). Code 029s run great and timing mark is rock solid trugh rpm.
bens_cab
Experienced MS/Extra'er

niice oneee

Post by bens_cab »

CONGRATS MATE

Glad yout got it sorted must be a releif wish mine was that simple i get the feeling most of the problems people have with vws is the ignition what timing light are you using
corsa_A
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by corsa_A »

i˙m using adjustuble analog timing light. Now the timing mark only fluctates about 1-2° trugh entire rpm range.
Why do you just put the distributor with hall sensor on your engine, it would be a lot easyer than 60-2 and wasted spark?
Check those DIS pack becuse in autodata it says that DIS pack has also ignition modolue built inside them!!
bens_cab
Experienced MS/Extra'er

coils

Post by bens_cab »

my coil on plug packs are 3 wire and came with a seperater module which i never fitted

the 4 pin packs have a built in module or ignitor plus the engine never had a dizzy and i dont want to start messing around trying to fit one it would be like sticking stabilizers on a push bike :lol: