Thinking of ditching the idle control valve...

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

itguy
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Thinking of ditching the idle control valve...

Post by itguy »

Hi all

I'm thinking about ditching my bosch two-wire PWM idle control valve - its running on ITBs and trying to set it up is a right pain, especially as the idle balance screws have to be removed when its in place so I can't syncronise all 4 throttle bodies correctly with it there.

Anyway, if I ditch it what other options have I got to control the idle speed during warmup?

Ignition advance presumably when under a certain RPM, but what about a 'psudo idle control valve' where you enter target RPMs (warm and cold) and it just changes the ignition values to meet the RPM?

Maybe this should be posted under developments for MS'n'S-E ?

Also - is there inlet air temp VE compensation factor anywhere?

Thanks
Ferret
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Ferret »

A lot of old cars that hve been retrofited with AC use the following system to raise the idle speed then the AC is turned on:

A small vaucum diafragm (looks like a miniature wategate acuator) is attached to the throttle lever (The part of the throttle body that the throttle cable is attached to) with an L shaped rod. When vacum is applied to the diafragm (by a soloniod connected to the AC power), the diafragm pulls the rod, which pulls the throttle lever which raises the idle.

You could implement a similar system using MS.

Avner.
itguy
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by itguy »

Interesting - got any links or anything to this kind of kit?
Ferret
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Ferret »

Sorry,
I saw it on cars not on the net.
Avner.