Megatune won't work, I had it working but not now. MSNS-E

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

germancartuner
MS/Extra Newbie

Megatune won't work, I had it working but not now. MSNS-E

Post by germancartuner »

I am new to this board, so bear with me please,
I have installed a RS Autosport unit (MSnS E) on a 92 VW GTI using hall input from the distributor and controlling ignition with MSnSE.
Everything seemed to go pretty well, I set up Megatune by selecting the MSNS extra file for 024s13, and activated it, and then going to car1 and settings and then selecting the MSNS EXTRA from the dropdown menu, it worked great, everything seemed to go fine, with a few settings was able to start the car, and get it to idle (rough).
So I wanted to set the temp sensor range correctly, using easytherm, I got my bentley entered the values, created the file, put on the bootload jumper, and sent the _mod temp file to ECU.
Then I turned off power to the ecu, and removed the boot loader jumper, then turned the key back on, and tried to check my temp reading with megatune.
Now my Megatune won't communicate with the ecu, and I don't see the MSNSE listed in the bar. I have gone through all the configuring steps again and again, but still wont activate. I went to the c:\Program Files\Megasquirt\car1\MtCfg file and looked at the settings.ini in note pad, and it shows #set MSNS_EXTRA ; James Murray and Phil Ringwood's MSnS Extensions. Any reason why using easytherm, would mess up megatune??
1seymour
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 1seymour »

you shouldn't have needed the boot pin shorted to flash msns-e if you already had installed msns-e before. i don't think that would cause what's happening, though, just saving you the hassle moving forward.

you might try flashing it again. it really shouldn't mess anything up with megatune although some/all of your settings may need to be set again by manually putting them in or loading a msq file.
1983 datsun 280zx turbo
ms v3 running msns-e 029q2
input: optical
output: vb921
injectors: pwm
germancartuner
MS/Extra Newbie

MSNS E for VW HALL trigger assembled by RS AUTOSPORT

Post by germancartuner »

Do you mean reflash the MSNS E 024s13c code onto the Megasquirt unit. ?? Because I am afraid that may be the only fix, I was using the guidelines in the setup page for MSNS E and that is why I jumped the bootloader pins, may be a big mistake.