Info on configuring wideband Lc1 for V3 please

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

bertelli_1
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Info on configuring wideband Lc1 for V3 please

Post by bertelli_1 »

Running a V3, Msns-e, 2.25b514, 024s13, no relay board. My car has done around 5k reliable miles on a NB.
I've just fitted an Innovate Lc1 and reading an output from it in logworks. I'd like to configure MS to read it and display the AFR on a gauge. Can anyone list a step by step guide for me as my mechanical skills are far better than my Pc skills. Any info on .ini files, hardware changes, configuration and settings in MS would be great. I know there are a lot of you running a WB but I can't find the relavant stuff on the forum.
www.conrod.co.uk
20 valve turbo engine conversion, Mk2 Golf Gti
audibeanss
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by audibeanss »

Ok, it's real simple. If you have the latest LC1, the Analog out 2, (brown wire) is already configurated to have a WB voltage curve, (yellow is pre-configured as a NB)

Feed this directly into the O2 input for MS, and ground the blue, green and white at the same grounding point as MS. Red wire is a fused switched +12v source.

You can get MT to diplay a AFR gauge. To get the AFR gauges, open up you MS .ini file your using...(like MSnE 024, MSII, etc. )

Go to the section of the code that metions "Gauge confiurations" and re-assign one of your gauges in MT to read AFR.

Read this:
http://www.megamanual.com/megatune.htm#installgauge
bertelli_1
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by bertelli_1 »

It really was that easy, thanks!
www.conrod.co.uk
20 valve turbo engine conversion, Mk2 Golf Gti
65looter
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 65looter »

audibeanss wrote: and ground the blue, green and white at the same grounding point as MS.
from the LC1 manual:

The BLUE, WHITE, and GREEN wires should all be grounded to the same ground source and although these grounds are of the same source, the BLUE wire should be wired separate from the WHITE and GREEN wires to avoid analog ground noise.
Ford 342 stroker | 4inj.TBI
MS2/Extra beta RC3 2.1.0 20090611