Spark control basic Q and Toyota dizzy Q

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

coyoteboy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by coyoteboy »

Worries me slightly that I cant see the output from the other VR though. it cant run without it, i presume, but one is a nice clear square wave - the other is a noisy line.
SBDJ
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by SBDJ »

Does seem very odd....

Here's what I was getting on my last one, I must admit I haven't captured a shot from this one yet...

The levels are the same on both channels. Bear in mind that I am using dual V3 conditioners though so YMMV slightly...
coyoteboy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by coyoteboy »

I'll scope mine out when i cure the mad oil leak ive developed! Suddenly just started peeing oil from under the turbo somewhere :S
SBDJ
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by SBDJ »

:lol:

I've scoped mine out tonight - it's a hell of a lot noiser on the G1+G2 than the above, may well account for my stumble @ 2k RPMs...
coyoteboy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by coyoteboy »

Having scoped my outputs from both VRs I managed to get a nice clean square wave from both of them and still get the misfire randomly around idle. I cant seem to spot anything in the logs other than the PW going up immediately afterwards in reaction to stumble shifting in the bins. I can alter the idle timing anywhere between 10 and 30 degrees with approximately the same number of stumbles (number of misfires drops as the advance goes towards 20-25 then increases again). Lowest KPa found at around 22 degrees idle advance but then the engine seems 'weak' and falls over if disturbed by fans kicking in. Stock maps aledgedly have their 1000 rpm, lowest load bin at 27 degrees - seems aweful high to me.

J
lmr052
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by lmr052 »

Do you have Hi res rpm on your log? If so, what is the rpm reading on the stumble? Is it approximately 5/6 or 6/5 of the log lines either side of normal RPM? My theory is that this could be a pot setting issue on the G1/G2 conditioner - I just have not had the time to play to verify this though.

Regards, Richard
Successful MS Replacement for OEM Toyota ECU - all stock sensors and 2nd Ignition Input.
coyoteboy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by coyoteboy »

I do have the hi res log running and it doesnt seem to show any fluctuations to anything scary - just records the drop in revs when the stumble occurs and carries on as normal. I did have a sudden erroneous jump to 2500rpm a while back but i adjusted the pots and it seemed to have got shut of that problem. I'll swap back to the original ECU and see if the stumble shows up on that.

I just drove to work on it (30 minutes) while auto-tuning so I'll post that log later (its on my laptop, in my boot at the mo) - also will try to find out why I occasionally get a stall at lights.