Schoolboy error - dead CPU?

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

coyoteboy
Super MS/Extra'er

Schoolboy error - dead CPU?

Post by coyoteboy »

I wired the *error board up and hooked up the power pins (5v and gnd that are meant to come off JP1-8 and JP1-7 repectively) only i wired them up wrong. I assumed (beginning of all errors) that JP1 would be numbered 1-8 upwards like the X pins but its wired the other way round. So i put the earth line from the error board onto JP1-2 and the 5v line onto JP1-1.

Plugged the MS into the harness and powered up - spark (injector) LED is lit continuously (as you'd expect, its now held high for spark) but nothing else happened. Hunted for hot bits - none found. Spotted error, corrected and refitted. Crossed fingers and tried again. This time the other LEDs flashed and the fuel pump primed as it used to but still no comms.

Did i blow the comms input or have i made another mistake i havent spotted? I cant find out what JP1-1 and JP1-2 actually do, im just checking the schematics, but i think ive boogarred it.
coyoteboy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by coyoteboy »

I think i may have compounded the schoolboy error by testing it with a laptop with a non-workng serial port - I'll report back when ive covered all angles in the "how to debug connection manual page"

J