shift light as a warninglight?

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

lurv
MS/Extra Newbie

shift light as a warninglight?

Post by lurv »

I got a MS 1 ver 3.0 with optional oilpressure sensor input as well as a shiftlight output. is it possible to get the shiftlight to blink if the oilpressure or the coolent goes under/over a set parameter?
lurv
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by lurv »

no one even thought about this?
Ferret
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Ferret »

You will have to make some changes to the shiftlight circuit; connect the shiftlight LED to one of the configureable outputs instead of to the shiftlight output.
Then in Megatune trigger that output using the oil pressure input.
lurv
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by lurv »

shiftlight is connected to one of the configureable outputs...

So the question is realy; can I configre Megatune to light up the LED at a set rpm AND at a set oiltemp AND at a set oilpressure?
Ferret
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Ferret »

I don't think you can do it just with Megatune, you will have to physically connect the LED to 2 different configuirable outputs.
Are you sure that this is what you want to do? If the LED lights during high RPM running, how will you know if it is the shiftlight or the low oil pressure warning that caused it?
lurv
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by lurv »

shiftlight operation steady light, oilpressure or oiltemp warninglight fast blinking. that way I know something is wrong....
Ferret
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Ferret »

I'm working on a setup that lights 2 different colored LEDs (The shiftlight using MS, and the oil pressure indepandent of MS).