Coolant temp advance / inlet temp retard

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

panel
Master MS/Extra'er

Coolant temp advance / inlet temp retard

Post by panel »

http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/cltiat.html

Who is running this? And is the default a good place to start. I don't really understand all of it but I want to try it out. I'm running EDIS.
'65 VW Bus with a Subaru EJ20 Turbo conversion , Air to water I/C , LS coils , 14Point7 Spartan 2 & Solid Air Fuel Ratio 52mm gauge.
MS2 Extra V3.0 board
snillet
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by snillet »

I´m running the CLT related advance feature.

Mainly because i´m running on alcohol.... when the engine is cold i need to add about 14 degrees of advance at 10 degrees C CLT temp. Then i´m letting the advance go down by 1 degree per CLT degree(C). which means that by 25 degrees C CLT temp the feature is OFF.

If i do not use this feature the engine becomes really unsmooth to drive.

At around 0 to 10 degrees C CLT temp an engine that runs on E85 runs about the same way as if it was running on gasoline at around -15degrees CLT temp :!: , much because of the alcohol:s cooling effect in the combustion chamber.

You´ll notice if you need it or not, when you have your advance and fuel tables ALL set up, try the CLT advance feature and if the engine runs better when it´s cold.... use it.

Combustion is slower when the engine is cold, so you can really save fuel if you can use this feature also.
Peugeot 309GR1990 XU9JAZ(4cyl 1.9litre) 10.8:1 CR with 60-2 VR wheel decoding ,V2.2 card, singel coil and dizzy spark ,360cc 0 280 150 431 injectors. Msns-E hi-res 10d2 and E85(Ethanol) in the gastank.
panel
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by panel »

Anyone else running this feature?
'65 VW Bus with a Subaru EJ20 Turbo conversion , Air to water I/C , LS coils , 14Point7 Spartan 2 & Solid Air Fuel Ratio 52mm gauge.
MS2 Extra V3.0 board