Bug in 029q2 when not running?

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

coyoteboy
Super MS/Extra'er

Bug in 029q2 when not running?

Post by coyoteboy »

Engine stalled so I turned off then on ready to start again. I'm trying to adjust my PWM idle parameters and having little success but thats by the by.
I left MT on its main screen and heard a clicking. Idle valve open, as indicated on the screen. Timing at 10 degrees. Click, idle shut, timing at 16 degrees. Repeats many times. Strange thing is that
a) The spark bin its sat on when it does this is 15, the idle advance is 12 and there isnt < a 12 on the table, only in the cranking advance. So i log it and got the log below. It seems to log as cranking and running but with no RPMs and for no apparent reason, with no fluctuation in any other input/output.

Any ideas? Id doesnt matter as its only when the engine is off but it worries me that it might be hiding a fault while running.

Also, see odd.xls in my datalogs for another strange example of spark angle changin in relation to coolant temperature despite not having coolant related ignition enabled and no engine running (on stimulator this time)