One bank pig rich, the other normal?

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

millhouse
Experienced MS/Extra'er

One bank pig rich, the other normal?

Post by millhouse »

am running MS1/Extra 029y4 with megatune v2.25 on a v3 main board.

The car…my 5.0l twin turbo mustang with mods as seen in my sig below

I have had a 2 month long battle attempting to locate the source of my non-running mustang. The symptoms include a misfire at idle, raw fuel being spit out of the exhaust and popping and backfiring with any hint of load. These all started somewhat out of the blue.

I have already reflashed the code as well as the injector driver & transistor's.

I finally got my valve seals and other misc items and I went ahead once again and removed all spark plugs. I payed a bit more attention this time and realize that one bank is running pig rich while the other looks to be running normal. The pig rich side looks as if the spark is not making it through the carbon fouling as I can see no arcing marks. The way it's currently wired is I have cyl's 1, 4, 6 &7 on bank one and 2, 3, 5 & 8 on the other. I'm going to continue on replacing the valve seals but I think this is to much evidence to ignore. Ideas?

The datalog I am attaching I had raised the idle VE tables a bit hoping to tweak it back to normal. This was before I found the difference in the banks running condition.
1989 TT lx 5.0 (notch)
PCB v3.0
HR_10g
millhouse
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by millhouse »

Here is my .msq and datalog
1989 TT lx 5.0 (notch)
PCB v3.0
HR_10g
seijirou
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: One bank pig rich, the other normal?

Post by seijirou »

millhouse, I know it's been a long time but do you remember getting this one figured out? I have the same issue, also completely out of the blue. Bank1 is running normal, Bank2 is really really rich.

Mind you I'm on MS2extra however I'm running out of causes for the problem and this is one of the few hits I found on google.