Aquamist HSV Frequency

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

coolingmist
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by coolingmist »

Mike,

I sent you a PM. There are 3 ways our valve can work.

The first way is having an input frequency of 300 ish to 15,000 Hertz. Increase the dutycycle to increase the current to the valve. This is how we do it with Vari-Cool. It makes sense and performs incredible.

The 2nd is using the valve as a positional valve. We can do this with a circuit. It will add significantly to the cost of the valve, but still be far less than other valves on the market. The advantage is that the dutycycle will not matter, the valve will simply open to a certain position and stay until the voltage drops off. It would work based on a 0-5V. I will find out details of this option, to see if/how this can be incorporated. If you have a 0-5V signal and the 0-5V signal can support 1 amp, this may work without a driver board. Most 0-5V signals can not handle any load, thus the driver board must be made.

We may make a driver board for universal applications, this may be a good option.

Option 3 is on/off time. I dont recommend that as the performance will be reduced, or atleast there will be a pulsing.