MS1 V2.2 Bosch 2 wire high idle

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

boostin
Helpful MS/Extra'er

MS1 V2.2 Bosch 2 wire high idle

Post by boostin »

Hey again

Just a quick question, kinda got my self confused and want to make sure I hook this up correct.

I have a MS1 V2.2 extra ECU and want to run a bosch high idle valve and have seen several ways to wire it up and not sure what is the best. One of the ways I saw was to get the power from the fuse box after the main relay then to the idle valve then use the ecu to gound it.

Is there a different way?

also i got kinda confused about reading about having to install a transistor in the ecu, does that apply to my set up?

Thanks for reading and helping

mike
1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max 4WD 2.6 MS1 V2.2
1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max 2WD lowered 2.6 Weber 38 soon to megasquirt
1993 Eagle talon TSI Soon to megasquirt
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MS1 V2.2 Bosch 2 wire high idle

Post by Matt Cramer »

boostin wrote:Hey again

Just a quick question, kinda got my self confused and want to make sure I hook this up correct.

I have a MS1 V2.2 extra ECU and want to run a bosch high idle valve and have seen several ways to wire it up and not sure what is the best. One of the ways I saw was to get the power from the fuse box after the main relay then to the idle valve then use the ecu to gound it.

Is there a different way?

also i got kinda confused about reading about having to install a transistor in the ecu, does that apply to my set up?

Thanks for reading and helping

mike
If you mean a two wire PWM IAC valve, that is how to install it, and you will need to upgrade the IAC drive transistor. See this link for details.

http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms1extra/MS_ ... .htm#Fidle
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
boostin
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: MS1 V2.2 Bosch 2 wire high idle

Post by boostin »

Ok, I get it now as far as the ecu goes.

What about how I had the rest of the wiring set up where the ecu controls the negative side, is that correct?
1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max 4WD 2.6 MS1 V2.2
1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max 2WD lowered 2.6 Weber 38 soon to megasquirt
1993 Eagle talon TSI Soon to megasquirt