James, for the strobe test to be valid wouldn't you need a fixed timing mark that was originally on the engine? Mine doesn't have one (that I can see).
I used the ignition trim function and using -3 and turned coolant correction off (not connected) and got it to idle with full choke, but it was very erratic.
Remember I'm still using the original carb for the time being, which I have rebuilt but, this means it is unproven and as such, could well be part of the problem. My AFR were around 14-15 but, I don't think that is accurate as black soot was spitting out of the exhaust!
I've not yet hooked up my Innovate LM-1 to MS so it is absent from the Data Log.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trying to make my Renault 5 GT Turbo a bit more driveable and a lot more reliable!