No Injector Pulse issue

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

82te72
MS/Extra Newbie

No Injector Pulse issue

Post by 82te72 »

onto the next issue. once i get this figured out ill keep installing. I just want to make sure i have all signals i need to run before i put more time into it.

The problem is that i have no injector pulse.

here's what i have going on. Im running an ms1 with firmware 029y4. I have edis working and a pip and a saw signal. So thats good to go. However when i connect up a noid light to the injector plugs they do not flash.

for the injection system: im using 28zx injectors (low I). i have a 6 ohm 25W resistor in series with each injector. I set pwm% to 100 and pwm time to 25.4.

I set the LED 17 (d14) to squirt

when I crank the car led 17 flashes, however noid light does not flash. the noid light is good so thats not the problem. I have checked every injector plug as well, same problem persists.

my msq file is attached hopefully someone has an idea. Im sure its something simple im just not getting.
te28_edis_spark_no_fuel.msq
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: No Injector Pulse issue

Post by slow_hemi6 »

do you have a voltage between one of your injector plug pins and ground?
You would need to test that while cranking if you are wired up as per http://www.msextra.com/doc/general/ms1external.html
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
82te72
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 82te72 »

yeah i have 12v between one of the pins and ground. and i wired it up just like that diagram, only bypassed one relay temporarily until i get all signals.
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Did you build your own board? DIY has a cool page on testing the driver circuits. http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_article ... ooting.htm
You could take a log of cranking and post that up but to me, from the led behavior, the MS thinks it's squirting.
Cheers Luke
82te72
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 82te72 »

well i just redid some tests. and it is "squirting".

so i guess my initial accusation was incorrect.

when i connected up a noid light straight to battery and then the other side of the noid light to the injector grounding system, the light did become visible after about 5 cranks.

however when connected up to both sides of the injector plug, still no light.

could this be due to the resistors i have in series on the power side of the injector wiring?
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Yeah sounds like it's just the resistors.
Cheers Luke
82te72
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 82te72 »

ok ill get the rest of the fuel system plumbed and wired and see if the injectors really do fire.

thanks for the info.