Using TunerStudio with ms1 HELP!

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

1badgpz
MS/Extra Newbie

Using TunerStudio with ms1 HELP!

Post by 1badgpz »

This is possible correct? I was told it was and am having a hard time figuring it out. I tried searching and couldnt find out how to do it. Can anyone offer help? anything appriciated.
Thanks
-Roy
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Using TunerStudio with ms1 HELP!

Post by kjones6039 »

I think we are going to need more information here! Exactly what kind of problem are you having using TS with MS1?

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
1badgpz
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 1badgpz »

My problem is that I can get my computer to link to my MS. through megatune, but not through tuner studio. I'm trying to find out if anyone here with an MS1 uses tuner studio, or if anyone knows how to make them operate together
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

I used ms1 with tuner studio but only with 029y4 firmware. What firmware is on your ms1?
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

1badgpz wrote:My problem is that I can get my computer to link to my MS. through megatune, but not through tuner studio. I'm trying to find out if anyone here with an MS1 uses tuner studio, or if anyone knows how to make them operate together
What EXACTLY happens when you try to connect TunerStudio to your Megasquirt? Did you go through the steps of creating a new project and using Detect?

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
1badgpz
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 1badgpz »

Im not sure what firmw. is on it currently, I was trying to put the new firmware on it (the 09 one that was mentioned above) But then somehow when I downloaded it to my computer, I couldnt unzip the file? It said my winzip trial was expired, and its a somewhat older ish computer running windows 7 so I have no idea how it wouldnt have that. But yes I came to the conclusion Its got to be that I do not have that firmware in my MS. because I did the detect and everything and my computerr could not find it.

And thank you guys for helping me and responding btw!
-Roy
john.p.clegg
Running MSx/Extra

Post by john.p.clegg »

If you still have Megatune open you will not be able to link through Tunerstudio,close Megatune and re-try..

John
P.S Where are you?