AFR drifting lean SORTED

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

john.p.clegg
Running MSx/Extra

AFR drifting lean SORTED

Post by john.p.clegg »

Dear All
This one has me stumped,since re-building the engine and re-setting the valve timing the VE map seemed well out (could be due to the valve timing ) so set about VEAL and re-mapped but....as above the AFR tends at times to drift skywards ( 18-ish ) at first assumed it was missing on one cylinder but it didn't feel like the engine was missing so plugs changed and leads checked and still no difference...have smoothed the VE table and increased the numbers around 1500 to 2000 but no change...have played with the Ego figures Accel figures and the Over-run settings to no avail.....have noticed on the log that Gammae sits still while Gego is changing...but what can I do about that?

If you search through the log for AFRs greater than 17 you'll see the problem..

Also in Ts (I don't know if it's relevant ) Cell weighting/cell change bottom row receives no colour boxes-green/yellow, blue/red

Help

Thanks in advance
John

1968 lotus Elan Plus2 running Ms1e V3 29y4 in AlphaN, Ts v2.5.05, Mlv MS3.4.03
2014-06-11_12.02.31.msl
New ITB AlphaN_2014-06-10_17.23.13.msq
Last edited by john.p.clegg on Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
john.p.clegg
Running MSx/Extra

Re: AFR drifting lean

Post by john.p.clegg »

Well it's sorted,one sticky injector on No2 cylinder and a couple of dodgy connectors (No1 inj and TPS) along with making the map a little richer (cam timing altered ) and closing the plugs from 45 thou to 30 thou it's looking good...

Thanks to all ( PM's etc for help)
Moral of this story is, before suspecting ECU firmware/software make sure your hardware is 100%

John :D