Ms1 V6 engine

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Dan.B
MS/Extra Newbie

Ms1 V6 engine

Post by Dan.B »

Ive just build the ms1 v3 self build kit, powered it up for the first time and not able to get it running as 6cyl only 4cyl. Is this missing hardware or just a software issue?
Thanks
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Re: Ms1 V6 engine

Post by jsmcortina »

In what way are you "not able to get it running" ?

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
Dan.B
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Dan.B »

If I power the ms1v3 up and open the set up programs on my laptop, I'm only able to find two fuel injector banks and two wasted spark. Obviously I need at least three banks to run a v6 engine. But I'm not sure if it's my error on software settings (which won't allow me to alter) or if the ms1v3 is perhaps not capable without further hardware upgrades. I read through the initial wright up the ms1v3 which says it can handle up to 12cylinder engines- the one I purchased, but on other sites and tech spechs it only tells you it's for 4cylinder engines. I hope this is not the case as to me it seems I am missing hardware to be able to get this working. I am far from anything of an electronic background and this self build kit was for myself a good learning curve towards my hobby. Any advice or basic checks I could possibly do on the hardware (actual board with soldering bits on it) would be appreciated. Many thanks
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
WillExoIX
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by WillExoIX »

If you are running batch fire, as you probably should be, You should only have to run 2 banks for injectors; passenger side is one bank and drivers side is the other bank.

This is how mine is setup and it works fine.
Megasquirt 2 V3.0 Running Msextra 3.4.2. in a 1989 Camaro RS .48AR/60mm Turbo 3.4L/700R4
Boost control, Fan control, Stepper IAC, Launch/Antilag, Working on the GMDIS, and Methanol injection
Dan.B
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Dan.B »

Would this work?.. ive got a Mitsubishi Gto(3000gt/stealth) awd, has 3 coil packs and thats why i assumed i needed 3 banks... surely it would fire 1cylinder across from 2?
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

You need 3 spark outputs but you can have 2 injector banks. Have you looked at the manual?

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
proturbo
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by proturbo »

This is what im having now.. will update surelly after i found the problem...
Now im having missfiring with FO spark A into 1 and 4.... B into 2 and 5 and C into 3 and 6 cyl..
Im i wrong?