Cold Start and Acceleration Wizard

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

alftuning
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Cold Start and Acceleration Wizard

Post by alftuning »

Hi everyone!!!

So, my problem with this car is with a very rich "cold acceleration", when i accelerate a little when the car is cold for only few secs the afr go down to 10.0, the black smoke is horrible and the engine feels bad. Other little problem with the fast throttle movement on partial throttle, example; When i stop complete and i want start the driving, i need fast partial throttle acceleration to start the march (M/T Trans) and the car have a little issue only in this case. Other point is if I want a stoich idle, maybe 13.5-14.0 afr the engine has erratic idle but with a rich 11.5-12.0 has a nice stable idle.

(*The car have GM Coolant and IAT sensors*)

The help of the forum and the members is appreciated! Thanks!!!
Megasquirt 8-sept-2014.msq
alftuning
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Cold Start and Acceleration Wizard

Post by alftuning »

Any can check the msq. and the Acceleration Wizard setup? The car have a deka 850cc @ 3 bar fuel press.

Thanks!
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Please attach a data log as well. It's easier to check a data log and MSQ together than to evaluate an MSQ in a vacuum.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
alftuning
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by alftuning »

Thanks Matt! I can take a log today!
alftuning
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by alftuning »

Logs!!! I really needs help with this car! I'm done... The car doesn't accelerate properly, the rich afr is horrible, black smoke everytime i want run, etc. I tried some different dead times, and some fuel maps changes but still with the same. If want start the march when i press the gas pedal to start the black smoke (Rich) appear and is horrible driving with this smell.... :x I think is the acceleration wizard problem but I dont know 100% adjust this area correctly. I read and read but still with the same.

I really appreciate the help!
alftuning
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by alftuning »

And here the thooth log. The car have siemens deka 850cc high impedance injectors, 60mm throttle body, DIY 36-1 wheel.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Try cutting the cold accel enrichment back severely - maybe to 1.5 as a starting point.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
alftuning
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by alftuning »

Thanks Matt! Post soon!

Thanks man!
alftuning
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by alftuning »

Hi guys!

I'm working again with this car and i found a problems with the crank sensor. The sensor are looking to the tooth #8 at TDC. I installed other 36-1 crank wheels, always on the #9 tooth according the manual and works perfect! I need replace and create a new sensor bracket. More posts soon!

Thanks!
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

Hang on! That business with the 9th tooth is only for EDIS. If you're using the wheel decoder, you can put your sensor anywhere, so long as you have your trigger angle in [Spark] [Spark Settings] is correct. Right now the trigger angle is 73; try setting it to 63.
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems