My AW11 squirting dramas

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

vrtigo
MS/Extra Newbie

My AW11 squirting dramas

Post by vrtigo »

Hey guys,

Have purchased an MS1 v2.2 and just finished laying the wiring for my new ignition system, which is using dual coil packs from a 4AGZE, and a Mistubishi J722T igniter. Today I attempted to install it all, but Im getting no spark.

I have the MS configured with two spark outputs, which are run strait to the igniter inputs. The two coil drives then run from the igniter to the two coil packs, and are then grounded at the chassis (the igniter ground is also run to this point). No spark is produced, and in fact I am reading only a few millivolts at the terminals of the coils. Going back further, there are only a few millivolts at the two outputs of the MS.

What I need to know at this point is: what voltage should I expect from the spark outputs of the MS? What voltage should I expect at the terminals of the coil packs?

vrtigo
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: My AW11 squirting dramas

Post by vrtigo »

Since I posted this, Ive discovered that it is producing 5v at the igniter lines as expected. Also I gather that the igniter will switch 12v to the coils, correct?
DeadStiff
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by DeadStiff »

No it should switch to ground, you need to supply 12v to the coils through a relay.
MS3+X on 73 Karmann Ghia ignition only with LS2 truck coils firing in sequential, fuel next.
2333(103*70) Type 4 with DTM also sitting in living room just need exhaust.
vrtigo
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by vrtigo »

Doesnt the J722T perform that task?
DeadStiff
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by DeadStiff »

Not likely, I've yet to see a positive switching coil charging unless it was old British iron with a positive earth.
MS3+X on 73 Karmann Ghia ignition only with LS2 truck coils firing in sequential, fuel next.
2333(103*70) Type 4 with DTM also sitting in living room just need exhaust.
vrtigo
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by vrtigo »

Sorry, misread what you wrote, and got confused at your mention of a relay.

Sorted now, thanks.